Deedles Dish in a Nutshell

I am a Midwestern girl from a long line of cooks who doesn't think cooking needs to be complicated. Enjoy the recipes!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Spicy BBQ Chicken Pizza

Creativity is so important in the kitchen.  A lot of times, I try to look through my pantry and fridge to see what is available to me and use what I can find to make something amazing.  I had leftover gouda from the Butternut Squash Mac 'n Cheese that was posted a few weeks ago and I thought it would work great with a BBQ Chicken Pizza. 

BBQ Chicken Pizza is nothing new these days.  I remember back in the day when I was scared to try pizza outside of the box but it is now something I love (i.e. the homemade taco pizza).  I wanted to push it a little farther so I thought..."How can I make this spicy?"  The answer: add Sriracha.  It's my answer to most things. :)

Spicy BBQ Chicken Pizza
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup BBQ sauce of choice (I used Big Daddy's classic)
Appx 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce (start small and work up to taste preference)
2 pieces bacon
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup to 1 cup shredded gouda depending on preference
1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
handful sliced green onion
chopped cilantro to taste
1 pizza crust

Heat oven to 400 degrees and prepare crust according to directions.  Mix Sriracha and BBQ sauce.  Baste chicken breasts with BBQ sauce using enough leftover for pizza sauce.  Bake chicken or grill until cooked thoroughly.  Chop into small pieces. 

While chicken is cooking, cook bacon to desired crispiness.  Tear gently into small pieces when cooled.

When pizza crust is ready, top with prepared spicy sauce.  Spread chicken.  Sprinkle bacon and chopped red onion.  Top with mozzarella and gouda cheeses.  Sprinkle green onion and cilantro on top.  Return to oven until cheese is melted thoroughly.


Slice, serve and enjoy this easy spin on what has become an American classic in the pizza world!

Good eatin',

Deeldes

No comments: