Deedles Dish in a Nutshell

I am a Midwestern girl from a long line of cooks who doesn't think cooking needs to be complicated. Enjoy the recipes!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

White Pizza

Welcome back! I haven't posted in a few days but I wanted to share another delicious creation I concocted this weekend.  I always love white pizzas when I'm out at restaurants but I've never actually made one at home.  It's really easy and most of you have probably done it yourself but I thought I'd share this for those of you who have not tried it before!

I made this on Sunday night after an epic day beside the pool in 90 degree Colorado sun for approximately four hours so to say I was exhausted is an understatement! This recipe was simple and delicious and yielded leftovers for the next day. :-)

Ingredients:
1 thin Boboli crust
4 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic
panful fresh spinach (remove stems, wash and dry prior to cooking)
2/3 c. ricotta cheese
1 big ball fresh mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. grated parmesan

Heat oven to 400.  Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan on medium heat.  Add spinach and grated garlic.  (I grate the cloves on a cheese grater because I like the taste of garlic but not big chunks.)  Turn the spinach several times to make sure it's coated and then cover for 1 minute.  Uncover and turn again.  Cover for one minute or until spinach just starts to wilt.  Brush both sides of the crust with olive oil and placed it directly on the oven rack.  Just watch it closely and test it for crispness.  While crust is in the oven, grate the fresh mozzarella.  When crust is ready, remove and let cool on a pizza pan.  Brush top again with a little olive oil.  Spread spinach mixture over crust.  Spoon out ricotta in small spoonfuls across the crust.  Top pizza with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.  Return to oven and heat for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Broil for a few minutes so cheese bubbles and browns a bit on top.  Remove from oven and let cool before serving.

Here is the final result:

I love this option for something different than the same old homemade pizza.  This was another product of a Criminal Minds marathon...I told you there would be a theme.

No comments: