Deedles Dish in a Nutshell

I am a Midwestern girl from a long line of cooks who doesn't think cooking needs to be complicated. Enjoy the recipes!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

About Deedles

What is Deedles, you ask? It is a nickname my mom had for me when I was a toddler that referred to the small, curly ponytail that sat right on top of my head.  The nickname stuck throughout the years.  Here's an example:

Yep, that's me!

As for my cooking style...I eat what sounds good.  It's as easy as that.  I may tweak recipes here and there to make them "healthier" but I am of the opinion that withholding certain things from yourself will only lead to fugure binges. (My mom always told me that.)

While I am from a long line of brilliant cooks and bakers, I definitely lean more toward cooking than baking.  For one, I am not much of a "sweets" person and am drawn more toward salty or "savory" dishes.  Secondly, the exactness that is required in baking is not for me.  Apparently that means I am a creative-type but I'm not sure that people who have seen my desk would know this about me.

I would like to say that I throw myself into my meals and the "rest of the world disappears" blah, blah, blah.  Nope.  I am not ashamed to admit that I always have the TV on and will include what I was watching for particular meals as TV often affects my mood and thus my cooking.  I'm not sure that this is the best method as I am often distracted but the invention of pausing live TV has made my life and meals a lot easier, that I know for sure.

So while I may not update this blog daily, I will attempt to add recipes that I have tried and enjoy.  I may include quips or antecdotes about my day but I may not (which will probably say something about how my day went.)  Feel free to comment or post your own recipes as I like to try things  know someone else has made and liked, thus the idea of this blog in the first place.  Thanks for reading!

No comments: