Deedles Dish in a Nutshell

I am a Midwestern girl from a long line of cooks who doesn't think cooking needs to be complicated. Enjoy the recipes!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Housewarming Party Shenanigans...and Chicken Tacos to top it all off

Hello, hello! First off, I apologize for not taking pictures of this.  I'll add something from online because I can't handle not throwing a pic in here and there.  So, as many of you know, the life changes just keep coming for me.  Now single and in my own apartment, I had to commemorate my new adventure with all of my best friends.  The food was more of a side dish to the alcohol but it was still delicious.

The crock pot chicken tacos were seriously so easy and absolutely delicious.  I recommend this for any sort of party or bigger gathering but you can also freeze the meat and use it for taco salads, burritos, enchiladas, nachos, etc.  You could also use pork for another yummy treat.

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Ingredients
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used almost 3 lbs but it was for a party so use your best judgment)
1 can diced green chiles
1 12 oz can of salsa (your choice on spice level, etc.  I used a roasted tomatillo.)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 small sweet onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced

Place chicken in slow cooker.  Top with chiles, salsa, cumin, garlic and onion.  Cook for 8 hours.  Remove chicken from bowl.  Shred and return to juices. 

Aaaannnnnnnnddddd, that's it!!! Can you say easy? And it was so good.  Top with your favorite taco toppings in hard or soft taco shells and you have a crowd favorite on your hands.


Good eatin',

Deedles

No comments: