Deedles Dish in a Nutshell

I am a Midwestern girl from a long line of cooks who doesn't think cooking needs to be complicated. Enjoy the recipes!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Sassy Menefee Chicken Wraps

Hey everyone!!! This post is dedicated to my cousin, Mallory Menefee, who stayed with me for a month in the spring of 2010.  She is one sassy woman and this wrap is aptly named after her.  She was shadowing me for an internship opportunity and we had a great time together!!! While she was here, she introduced me to this quick and easy meal.  I've tweaked a few things but the basics are still there and it is delicious!!! Here is a picture of the wrap in all its glory before it's rolled up.


I mean, come on, isn't that amazing???

Okay, so here is how you make this delicious treat.

Ingredients:
1 Mission sundried tomato and basil wrap (their spinach and whole wheat wraps are delish as well)
1 chicken breast cooked and chopped
2 slices of bacon, cooked (optional)
1/4 shredded lettuce
1/4 fresh spinach
1 tbsp diced red onion (optional)
Shredded cheddar cheese
Ranch dressing to taste
Sriracha sauce to taste

I generally make 3 or 4 chicken breasts at a time so I can enjoy this meal for a few weeks.  I marinate them in Lawry's garlic and herb marinade or Italian dressing. Since I haven't had a grill, I bake the chicken breasts on 350 until they are cooked through but they would be great grilled as well.  Before putting everything together, heat the wrap for 20 seconds in the microwave.  The wrap is easier to manage when it's warm.  Reheat chicken breasts in microwave if needed.  Put everything together in the center of the wrap and and drizzle the dressings over top.  Wrap.  I tend to use more ranch than Sriracha but that is totally dependent upon how spicy you want it to be.  I like to balance the spice with grapes or something sweet on the side.

I enjoyed this tasty treat while watching a marathon of Project Runway.  I do love that Tim Gunn.  Make it work!

Good eatin',

Deedles

No comments: